Links Between Counterfeiting and Criminal Activities
This is a recording of a panel discussion that took place during the 2020 Virtual Research Symposium. Counterfeiting often does not occur alone. Rather, it can support, and be supported by, other crimes. What are the specific links between counterfeiting and other crimes, and what can be done to address them? The UL virtual symposium on links between counterfeiting and other crime activities, held as part of World Anti-counterfeiting Week activities, offered research and practitioner perspectives on the issue.
This session was moderated by Cliff Grammich, Ph.D, Director, Birdhill Research and Communications, LLC.
The panelists were:
- Anqi Shen, Northumbria University
- Diganta Das, University of Maryland
- Bruce Foucart, BASCAP
- Melissa Maranville, DeVille an Associates
- Kevin Olive, Underwriters Laboratories
- Peter Sandborn, University of Maryland